Columbiana Middle School Registration Guide
2017-18 Summer Registration and Proof of Residence - All Students
- Proofs of Residence - Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. beginning July 1st (office closed on July 4th). All proofs must be dated on or after July 1st to be consider 'Current'.
- Registration - 8th Grade - July 20th 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Registration - 7th Grade - July 20th 12:00 noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Registration - 6th Grade - July 20th 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Registration Make up Day - all grades July 27th 3:00pm-5:00pm
- All students - Attend your child’s on-campus registration/proof of
residence events to provide proofs of residency
and other required documents..
- Required documents for registration event:
- Parent or legal guardian must bring a photo ID.
- You will need to bring your child’s:
- Two of the following current proofs of residence*: mortgage, lease, property tax records or a power, gas, or water utility bill with name and service address
- Any applicable divorce or court ordered custody documentation not currently on file at the school
Registration of Returning Students for the 2017-18 School Year
In late April, letters will be sent home containing detailed instructions on how to use SchoolMint to register a RETURNING student for the 2017-18 school year. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you do not receive a letter before the end of the 2016-17 school year, please contact the school. Phone: (205) 682-6610
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend Summer Registration
Enrolling a New Student for 2017-18 School Year?Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for an appointment to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Suzanne Joiner, Registrar (205) 682-6610
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Mortgage Statement
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Apartment Lease – at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Recent Utilities – power, water or gas bill listed in the name of the parent/legal guardian with service address listed (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- After residence is verified, completion of online registration forms.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
visit the Columbiana Middle School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.