Chelsea Park Elementary School Registration Guide
Enrollment for 2018-2019 (current) School Year
If you need to register a student for the 2018-2019 (current) school year, please contact the local school for paper forms.
Summer 2019 Events
- New Student Registration
- Summer Registration for new students will begin on June 3rd. Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Residence Verficiation
- Residence Verification for all students will be July 16, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and July 17, 1 pm to 6 pm
Registration of Returning Students for the 2019-20 School Year
- RETURNING students will complete the forms using S.C.O.R.E. program
- Bring current proof of residence to the CPES registration.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
Enrolling a New Student for 2019-2020 (upcoming) School Year?Part I
- Check Residency & School Zone
- The Board of Education has established school attendance zones and students must attend school in the zone in which they reside with a parent or legal guardian. Custody awarded through the court is a requirement for school enrollment. You may view the school attendance areas by clicking the link below and looking for your street address. If you have a question regarding your specific residence and which school zone you are in, you may call Brent Copes at 205-682-7132 or email Mr. Copes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View School Bus Route Maps
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms using the Shelby County Online Registration and Enrollment (S.C.O.R.E.) program.
NOTE: S.C.O.R.E. is open for Kindergarten enrollment only at this time. S.C.O.R.E. will be open to all other new and returning students at a later date. updated 3-18-19
For technical assistance with S.C.O.R.E. beginning April 1st,
please contact your local school.
NOTE:This program is not recommended for use with the Internet Explorer browser.
- Contact the school for available times to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Kristy Archer, Student Data Manager, for an appointment @ (205) 682-6702
What to bring to the school: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Attend Summer Registration/Proof of Residence. Note: Additional forms may need to be completed at the school.
Enrolling a NEW student during the summer months?
Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday 8 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 3 PM
Office Closed 11 AM – 1 PM and on July 4th
visit the Chelsea Park Elementary School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.