Registration/Enrollment Information

The following instructions will guide you through the enrollment and registration process for your child. Remember to print your completed forms and bring them to the school.
These forms are PDF fillable forms. You may fill out the forms and print them using Adobe Reader but you cannot save a completed form onto your PC with Reader freeware.

Enrolling a New Student?

Please fill out these forms:
Enrollment Forms - English 
Enrollment Forms - Spanish
Please contact the school's registrar to schedule an appointment. Phone 682-5300

Summer Registration / Proof of Residence for Returning Students and students coming from H.I.S.

  • A parent/guardian of the Returning Student will be REQUIRED to attend Summer Registration. Two current proofs of residence dated July 2016 or later will be required at Summer Registration. (see above listing of proofs of residence)
  • Fill out and print Registration / Summer Proof of Residence Forms. Bring completed forms to Summer Registration.
  • Attend Summer Registration (See Summer Registration Dates below)
  • NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school.

2016-17 Summer Registration Dates

Events/Group Date Time
6th Grade July 18th 7:00AM-10:00AM
7th Grade July 19th 7:00AM-10:00AM
8th Grade July 19th 1:00PM-4:00PM
Makeup Day July 25th 8:00AM-10:00AM
Husky Camp Aug. 3rd 8:00AM-11:00AM

New Student Enrollment (only Students New to Shelby County Schools system - Do not use for students moving up from HIS)

  • Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
  • You will need to bring your child’s:
    • Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
    • Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
    • Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
      • Recent Mortgage Statement
      • Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
      • Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence 
      • Apartment Lease – at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
      • Recent Utilities – power, water or gas bill listed in the name of the parent/legal guardian with service address listed (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
    • Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
    • Social Security Number (voluntary)
  • Fillable PDF enrollment documents
  • NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school

Registration Forms - Spanish version
Cada escuela puede tener formularios adicionales para matricula. Comuníquese con la secretaria de la escuela para obtener más información.

Apply for Free or Reduced Price School Meals.

Registration online forms do not transfer data across the Internet. If you receive the message "Uploading Data" at the end of the process, it means that it is uploading to your printer.

visit the Helena Middle School website for important dates and information!

Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.