Helena Middle School Registration Guide
Summer 2018 Events
- Summer Registration
- JULY 10TH - 6TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- JULY 11TH - 7TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- JULY 12TH - 8TH GRADE from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- Camp Husky July 31 from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend Summer Registration
New Student Enrollment (only Students New to Shelby County Schools system - Do not use for students moving up from HIS)Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for an appointment to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Lynn Roberts, Registrar (205) 682-5302
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- After residence is verified, completion of online registration forms.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
visit the Helena Middle School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.