Chelsea Park Elementary School Registration Guide
Summer 2018 Events
- New Student Registration will begin June 4, 2018, Monday - Friday 8:00 - 11:00 am & 12:30 - 3:30 pm.
- Residence Verficiation: July 17th - July 19th - 8:00 - 11:00 am & 12:30 - 3:30 pm.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Bring current proof of residence to the CPES registration.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
Enrolling a New Student?Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for an appointment to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Contact Kristy Archer, Student Data Manager, for an appointment @ (205) 682-6702
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Completion of online registration forms.
Enrolling a NEW student during the summer months?
Office Hours: Monday thru Thursday 8 AM – 11 AM and 1 PM – 3 PM
Office Closed 11 AM – 1 PM and on July 4th
visit the Chelsea Park Elementary School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.