Elvin Hill Elementary Registration Guide
Enrolling a New Student for 2017-18 School Year? (New Students Kindergarten - 5th)
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for an appointment to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Phone: (205) 682-6620 for an appointment
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Mortgage Statement
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Apartment Lease – at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Recent Utilities – power, water or gas bill listed in the name of the parent/legal guardian with service address listed (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Completion of online registration forms.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2017-18 School Year
In late April, letters will be sent home containing detailed instructions on how to use SchoolMint to register a RETURNING student for the 2017-18 school year. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you do not receive a letter before the end of the 2016-17 school year, please contact the school (205) 682-6620
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend a Proof of Residence event
2017-18 Summer Registration / Proof of Residence
- July 24 through July 28th. Time 9 .m. - 3 p.m. - FAST PASS
Bring your proofs of residence and receive a FAST Pass to Meet and Greet the Teacher night
- August 3 - 4:00 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. - Meet and Greet Teacher
- All students - Bring the 2 proofs of residency
and other required documents to EHES .
- Required documents for registration event:
- STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REGISTER WITHOUT A PARENT OR GUARDIAN PRESENT. Parent or legal guardian must bring a photo ID.
- You will need to bring your child’s:
- Two of the following current proofs of residence*: mortgage, lease, property tax records or a power, gas, or water utility bill with name and service address.
- Any applicable divorce or court ordered custody documentation not currently on file at the school.
- Plan to attend Meet the Teacher on August 3rd 4:00 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.
visit the Elvin Hill Elementary School web site.
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.