Helena Elementary School Registration Guide
Enrolling a New Student for 2017-18 School Year?
(New Students Kindergarten - 5th)
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Bring required documents, listed below, to the HES office. Available times to bring documentation will be Tues.-Thurs. 9am-1pm
- What to bring to the HES office: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Completion of online registration forms (submit online - no need to print). These forms become available to you once you contact the school to verify residence.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
Returning Student registration information for 2018-19 school year is not available at this time
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before July 13th Registration event.
- Attend a Proof of Residence event
visit the Helena Elementary School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.