Oak Mountain Elementary School Registration Guide
Summer 2018 Events
- All NEW and RETURNING Students
- Be prepared to provide 2 current (June/July) proofs of Residency between July 16th - July 20th. (including ALL Kindergarten)
- Make-up Days: Tuesday, July 24th & Wednesday, July 25th *These are the only days Proof of Residency will be accepted.
- Teachers/Class Lists Posted – Front Doors
- Friday, July 27th 3:00 pm
- Only students with Completed Online Registration and Residency Verification will be listed.
- KINDERGARTEN Q & A
- Tuesday, July 31st 6:00 pm (Parents)
- Pre-K & Kindergarten MEET THE TEACHER
- Thursday, August 2nd 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- MEET THE TEACHER - Monday, August 6th
- st Grade – 10:00 am
- 2nd Grade – 9:00 am
- 3rd Grade – 8:00 am
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Tuesday, August 7th 7:50 am
- OPEN HOUSE/PARENT NIGHT
- 2nd and 3rd Grade - Tuesday, August 21st 6:00 pm
- 1st Grade – Thursday, August 23rd 6:00 pm
- Kindergarten & Pre-K - Thursday, September 13th 6:00 pm
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Tuesday, July 18th.
- Provide Proof of Residence July 16th - July 20th. (see above summer dates for more information.)
Enrolling a New Student?Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for an appointment to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Phone (205) 682-5230
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Completion of online registration forms.
visit the Oak Mountain Elementary School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.