2017-18 Summer Registration - all students - any of the below dates
|July 10 th-14th - Early Residency Verification||8 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Tuesday, July 18th||4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 20th||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Monday, July 24th||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|NEW students to Oak Mountain Schools will need to call the office to complete New Student Enrollment before attending Summer Registration.|
- Required documents for registration event:
- A parent/guardian of the Returning Student will be REQUIRED to attend Summer Registration. Parent or legal guardian must bring a photo ID.
- You will need to bring your child’s:
- Two of the following current proofs of residence*: mortgage, lease, property tax records or a power, gas, or water utility bill with name and service address. Disconnect Notices will not be accepted as Proof of Residence.
- Any applicable divorce or court ordered custody documentation not currently on file at the school
- There may be other forms for you to fill out at the school
- Any student NOT attending registration must bring 2 proofs of residence to be verified by school official before attending classes. See above list for examples of acceptable paperwork.
Registration of Returning Students for the 2017-18 School Year
In late April, letters will be sent home containing detailed instructions on how to use SchoolMint to register a RETURNING student for the 2017-18 school year. Please follow the instructions carefully. If you do not receive a letter before the end of the 2016-17 school year, please contact the school. Phone (205) 682-5211
Please use the SchoolMint Access Code sent home with your student in order to correctly register your child for the 2017-18 school year. When you are setting up your parent account in SchoolMint, you will see the question "Did you have a student enrolled in Shelby County Schools last year? Choose YES. Then you will be able to enter your child's Access Code. Additionally, by selecting YES you will bypass all new enrolling student forms and move on to the Returning Student forms.
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend a Proof of Residence event
All students entering 6th grade who are 11 years old and older are REQUIRED BY STATE LAW and the ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH to have a Tdap booster documented on the IMM 50 (blue slip).
Enrolling a New Student for 2017-18 School Year?
My child is coming from another school system, private school, or homeschool and will be moving into the OMMS school zone (not promoting up from OMIS):Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for available times to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Contact: OMMS at 682-5211.
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Mortgage Statement
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Apartment Lease – at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Recent Utilities – power, water or gas bill listed in the name of the parent/legal guardian with service address listed (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- After residence is verified, complete of online registration forms.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
visit the Oak Mountain Middle School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.