Summer 2018 Events
- Residency Verification:
- June 25th - 29th from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- July 19th - 11:00 - 2:00
- July 24th - 4:30-7:30
- July 26th - 11:00- 2:00
Registration of Returning Students for the 2018-19 School Year
- RETURNING students will need to complete forms via SchoolMint before Registration event.
- Attend a Proof of Residence event
All students entering 6th grade who are 11 years old and older are REQUIRED BY STATE LAW and the ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH to have a Tdap booster documented on the IMM 50 (blue slip).
Enrolling a New Student?
My child is coming from another school system, private school, or homeschool and will be moving into the OMMS school zone (not promoting up from OMIS):Part I
- Complete the District Enrollment Forms which are now online. (see link to SCS SchoolMint website below)
- Contact the school for available times to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child. Contact: OMMS at 682-5211.
- What to bring to the appointment: You will need to bring your child’s
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)
- Proof of Residence - All students will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
- Social Security Number (voluntary)
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- After residence is verified, complete of online registration forms.
- NOTE: There might be other forms for you to fill out at the school
visit the Oak Mountain Middle School website for important dates and information!
Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.