PEEHIP WELLNESS SCREENING INFORMATION
We hope this Wellness Webpage will provide you the latest information about the Wellness Screenings and follow up requirements from PEEHIP. If you or your spouse are members of the PEEHIP hospital medical group #14000 plan (excludes Medicare primary members), you must meet all the requirements of the Wellness program.
REQUIRED to participate if you are enrolled in the PEEHIP Blue Cross Blue Shield hospital/medical plan.
- Active members
- Covered spouses
- Non-Medicare eligible retirees
- Covered non-eligible spouses of retirees
- COBRA, Leave of Absence, Surviving Spouse
Wellness Program Overview
1. Complete a Wellness Screening (New employees see «special instructions below)
Attend a workplace wellness screening by ADPH nurses.
Visit the County Health Departments which are offering screenings throughout the state.
Visit your Doctor’s office for a wellness screening.
There is no copay for 1 annual routine preventative visit. (Diagnostic services, treatments and some lab tests other than what is required may cause a copay charge or fee.)
Members should provide the doctor with the Healthcare Provider Screening Form. Members should NOT send the forms to PEEHIP. The doctor’s office must mail or fax the fully completed form to ADPH at 334-206-0385.
- Blood Pressure
- Total Cholesterol (HDL and LDL)
- Blood Glucose
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
2. Complete the Health Questionnaire
The Health Questionnaire is available online at the website below. First time users must create an account. https://www.myactivehealth.com/Portal/PortalLogin.aspx?SupplierURL=11735 [Screen shots of Questionnaire]
The Health Questionnaire can also be completed by telephone at 1-855-294-6580.
Additional Requirements are ONLY for those who get a letter notifying them that they are a candidate for coaching.
3. Participation in Wellness Coaching – The Health Coach works with members to reduce health risks of certain diseases and to manage weight, stress and eat healthier. The five chronic diseases identified for wellness coaching are:
asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, COPD.
Coaching minimum requirements include:
1 phone call to ActiveHealth @ 1-855-294-6580 OR
100 Heartbeats of online coaching online coaching credit (takes 4 weeks)
4. Participate in Disease Management – Health Coaches help with self-examination, adherence to medication and knowing when to seek treatment. ActiveHealth will identify candidates based on the 5 chronic diseases. asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, COPD.
ActiveHealth nurses and coaches will contact candidates or can be reached at 855-294-6580, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Saturdays. PEEHIP @ 1-877-517-0020 or MyActiveHealth @ 1-855-294-6580
All PEEHIP members and spouses will receive multiple letters indicating their required activities and specific deadline prior to being charged the wellness premium.
- Enrollees With Effective Date of Coverage of 5/1/2015 or Later
For new PEEHIP members and covered spouses who have just begun their PEEHIP Blue Cross Blue Shield hospital medical coverage (group #14000) since 5/1/2015, the deadline to participate in the Wellness Program is 90 days from the date of enrollment in coverage. Health coaching is not required for newly enrolled PEEHIP members in their first plan year. This means that in order to earn the $50 wellness premium waiver, newly enrolled members and spouses have 90 days from their date of enrollment in order to get a wellness screening and complete the HQ.