Preparing Students for the Future!
- 2017-18 Academic Guide (English)
- 2016-17 Academic Guide (condensed - sp)
- ACT Aspire Parent Guide (SP)
- Vocabulary Word Cards
- Resources for Families
- Summer Reading Tips
- Ways ESL parents can help
- Tips (Japanese)
- Parent Checklist
- Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization Form
- Websites for Parents
- HICA - Financial Aid [eng]
- HICA - Financial Aid [spa]
- HICA College Presentation [eng]
- HICA College Presentation [spa]
- 2016-17 College Scholarships
- ESL Flow Chart
- Referral and Placement Form (form C)
- ENG K-2 ELL Accommodations
- ENG 3-5 ELL Accommodations
- ENG 6-12 ELL Accommodations
- Student Assessment Program Policies and Procedures for Students of Special Populations
- Invitation to meetings
- Checklist for Parent Conferences
- Concept about Print
- ESL Service for ELL students in Shelby County Schools
Mission, Vision and Beliefs
To be a model of excellence in instruction of English Language Learners
To facilitate the language acquisition and academic success of English Language Learners
- We believe that respecting diversity leads to education that is responsible, responsive, and representative of all individuals.
- We believe in establishing communication in a language all stakeholders understand.
- We believe in advocacy for students to have access to services, supports, and instruction.
- We believe in collaboration among stakeholders who recognize their role and responsibility to ensure the educational success of English Language Learners.
- We believe in providing support to the instructional process through professional development, coaching, and intervention that ensures the success of all learners.