Middle School Educator - Professional Development
Success At The Core
How Teams and Teachers Transform Instruction
Success at the Core is a FREE online resource for school leadership teams and teachers designed to:
- Strengthens leadership teams' ability to define quality instruction and advocate for it in their schools
- Offers teachers practical methods to implement a shared vision of quality instruction in their classrooms
SHELBY COUNTY MIDDLE SCHOOLS
Success at the Core 2011 Professional Development Opportunity
Shelby County Schools will offer 6 hours of PD credit for teachers each 9-week period to review Success at the Core information for a possible total of 24 CEU’s for the year. To acquire credit, teachers must:
- Go to Success at the Core website.
- Register for use of the site (It's FREE!)
- Once you have registered, review Quality Instruction Defined video—1 time
Every 9 weeks, you will be expected to:
- Review 4 videos (Articles 1-4), one from each Teacher Development Strategies as well as the artifacts, lesson plans, handouts, student work, teacher commentary and reflections, and other resources
- Complete the 2 or 3 questions from each of the 4 videos you viewed,
Question response form, and turn
in form to Dr. Lewis Brooks
Download Question response form to be returned to Dr. Brooks after viewing videos.
Upon completion of each set of four sections, you will need to fill out a Teacher Reflective Journal form and turn in the form to Dr. Brooks .Teacher Reflective Journal form
There are a total of 24 strategies that can help teachers strengthen classroom instruction. This is a great opportunity to earn PD credit!
Program Overview: (link for Success at the Core flyer and example sequence)
|Sections under Content Strategies||Sections under Instruction Strategies||Sections under Assessment Strategies||Sections under Support Structures Strategies|