Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools
Professional Development Guidelines
Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools Professional Development has three components that must be conducted annually for all newly hired teachers, administrators, evaluators, and others, as appropriate. Each LEA is responsible for facilitating Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools training, maintaining a personnel training database, and verifying assessment documents for each of the three components.
Addressing Disproportionality in Alabama Public Schools Presentation
- Click the link or copy and paste into the URL window to download and
view the presentation with notes. -
Positive Behavior Support (PBS)
- Review Navigating an IRIS STAR Legacy Module http://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/home/navigating-the-iris-website/navigating-an-iris-star-legacy-module/
- Classroom Management (Part 1):
Learning the Components of a Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan.
ASSESSMENT Use a word document or your own paper to answer questions 1-5. Follow LEA requirements for submitting assessment documents. http://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/module/beh1/cr_assess/#content
- Classroom Management (Part 2):
Developing Your Own Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan
- Once you have completed PERSPECTIVES & RESOURCES return to page 9 to develop your own action plan. Follow LEA requirements for submitting assessment documents.
- Use a word document or your own paper to answer questions 1-5. Follow LEA requirements for submitting assessment documents. http://iris.peabody.vanderbilt.edu/module/beh2/cr_assess/#content
Makes Sense Strategies (MSS) Training
- Go to the Alabama State Personnel Development Grant website Makes Sense Strategies Professional Development http://www.alspdg.org/makessense_strategies_training.html
- Follow the detailed instructions to complete the MSS video series PD
Note: If you have problems with the certificate, download it to your desktop. Then open the certificate from the saved file