Parent and Student Resources
- Email Announcements - Join the NEW HMS listserv (email announcements).
- 2016-17 HMS Student Handbook
- HMS BYOD Policy 2015– 2016 – Please see the Student Code of Conduct
- 2016-17 HMS Bell Schedule
- Traffic / Student Drop-off Instructions
- 2016-17 School Supplies: 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade
- Student Code of Conduct
- Shelby County Bullying / Harassment Reporting
- Shelby County School Calendar
- Shelby County Student Health Services
- Lunch Menu
- HMS Continuous Improvement Plan
- Study Resources
- 12 Powerful Words - developing a deeper knowledge of academic vocabulary
- ACT Aspire exemplar test items for English, Science and Writing
- YEARSBOOKS You may purchase a 2016-2017 HMS yearbook for $45 at www.balfour.com . On the Blafour website, use the search box and type HELENA and choose Helena Middle School in Helena, Alabama. You may also purchase an ad online: 1/4 page - $25; 1/2 page - $50; Full page - $100. The deadline to purchase a yearbook and ads is December 31, 2016. Please contact Ms. Conner with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ways to Help HMS
- Purchase a Helping Schools Tag next time you're at the DMV. 80% of the purchase price goes directly to our school. It's only an additional $15. The HMS code is 52.
- Adopt a Classroom! Teachers have listed their needs on adoptaclassroom.org. All donations are tax deductible and go directly to the teacher.
- Box Tops for Education are an easy way to contribute. Just cut off the Box Tops from any participating grocery item and send it to the school.
- INow Parent Portal
- My SchoolBucks.com
- 6th Grade Transition Site
- Breakfast/Lunch Menu
- Blackboard Connect
HMS Support Organizations
1299 Hillsboro Parkway
Helena, AL 35080
Phone: (205) 682-5300
Fax: (205) 682-5305
Principal - Scott Knight
Asst. Principal - Jennifer Cofer
Asst. Principal - Bakari Young