Welcome to Shelby County High School
2017-18 District and State Assessment Information
To receive information on how to read the ACT ASPIRE parent report and hear 2017-2018 district and state assessment information go to http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/shelbytalk/. Beginning September 25, 2017, parents will have the opportunity to submit questions/comments for one week for instructional staff members to respond to at a later time.
New Student Enrollment for 2017-18 School Year:
New student registration by appointment. Please call the registrar at 682-6602
Summer Reading Assignments
Our Vision - The vision of Shelby County High School is to provide all students with a high quality, individualized educational experience in order to prepare them to achieve their highest potential.
Our Mission - The SCHS community is committed to doing “Whatever It Takes” to support all students in achieving academic and personal success.
- Student learning is the top priority of the school with the shared belief that all students can learn.
- A safe, supportive, and engaging learning environment will foster excellence.
- Every student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Student growth occurs when students are actively engaged in rigorous and relevant learning.
- Excellence in learning is directly related to excellence in teaching.
- Valuing the strength found in a diverse world is essential to high quality learning.
- Student learning is enhanced when there is a united effort and positive communication among home, school, and community.