S.C.O.R.E. Enrollment / Registration
Online Enrollment/Registration Program for 2019-2020 School Year
Shelby County Schools will be using a new online enrollment program called S.C.O.R.E. for the upcoming school year.
- Who will Use Online Forms?
- Parents of students who are new to the system, including Kindergarten students, will useonline forms to enroll their children. (See more detailed Kindergarten information below.)
- Parents of current students will use online forms to register their children for the next school year.
- Will Parents Have to Come to the School to Register/Enroll their Child?
- Parents can complete the online forms from anywhere, but they will still need to come to their child's school to bring required documents and pay fees.
- Parents should plan to do this during scheduled enrollment/registration events. For more information, see our website at www.shelbyed.org. (Registration event dates will be published as they become available.)
- What are the Advantages of Online forms?
- Forms can be completed from most any online device*, including smartphones
- Parents no longer have to print out forms to bring to the school
- Parents will spend less time at the school Registration events than in past years
For returning students, some information will be pre-filled, so that parents can confirm correct information and change outdated information
*Online forms is a secure website, however, it is never wise to transmit private information over public Wi-Fi networks such as those found in restaurants or other public spaces.
- When can You Start Using Online?
- Online forms are currently unavailable. Please contact the school if you need to register or enroll a student.
- How can I Find Out More?
- Additional emails will be sent to keep you informed as we move through spring. You may also visit our website at www.shelbyed.org. Look for the Registration and Enrollment links on our home page.
Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment or Enrolling a New Student for 2019-2020
- Check our transportation website to be sure you know which school your child should attend.
- Complete the enrollment forms BEFORE coming to the school event. If you are unable to complete the enrollment forms before the school event, schools will have computer stations available for you. If you choose not to use online forms, paper copies of the forms will be available at the school.
- See information below about what to bring to the school.
- If you are enrolling a Kindergarten student, Plan to attend a Kindergarten Pre-Enrollment event at
your child's school:
- April 3rd, 2018 at 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. and April 4th at 12 noon - 6 p.m.
- If you are enrolling a new student, complete the SchoolMint forms then contact the school for available times to verify residence and complete the registration process for your child.
Documents Needed For Student Enrollment
- Enrolling parent or legal guardian must present a photo ID.
- Proof of Age (i.e. birth certificate)
- Valid Alabama Immunization Form (referred to as a “Blue Form”)*
- Proof of Residence - All parents/legal guardians will be required to provide two of the following current residence verification documents prior to the start of the new school year.
- Recent Utilities – power, water, gas, or garbage services listed in the parent/legal guardian name with service address listed on the statement (disconnect notices will not be accepted)
- Recent Mortgage Statement (June or July)
- Apartment Lease – Lease must be current and at the minimum, the parent/legal guardian must be listed as an occupant
- Property Tax Record – most recent tax record should indicate this as your primary residence https://ptc.shelbyal.com/caportal_mainpage.aspx
- Property Deed – parent/legal guardian must reside full-time in the residence
- Proof of Custody (if applicable, a copy of the court order must be supplied to the school)
Social Security Number (voluntary) - Disclosure of your child’s social security number (SSN) is voluntary. If you elect not to provide a SSN, a temporary identification number will be generated and utilized instead. Your child’s SSN is being requested for use in conjunction with enrollment in school as provided in Alabama Administrative Code §290-3-1-.02(2)(b)(2). It will be used as a means of identification in the statewide student management system.
* Each student wishing to enroll into Shelby County Schools must present an up-to-date Alabama Certificate of Immunization (COI), or an Alabama medical or religious exemption. All Certificates of Immunization must contain the dates of all vaccines given.