Learn More About Helena Middle
We, at Helena Middle School, aspire to create a rigorous and differentiated curriculum, to prepare all students as they become College and Career ready in a global and diverse world.
Helena Middle School is part of the Shelby County Schools district. It is a public school for students living in Helena, Alabama. There are over 1000 students in grades sixth through eighth and there are over 80 faculty and staff members. Helena Middle School's mascot is the Husky and the school colors are blue, silver, and black.
Helena Middle School will ensure that students have an environment that is conducive to and supportive of all learners guided by the middle school values of academic excellence, social equity, and a positive learning culture.
- The school environment will promote dignity, respect, and accountability
- Each student has the right to learn and each student can learn
- Learning takes place in an environment that is safe and secure for students and staff
- Education should be a collaborative effort among faculty, staff, students, and parents
Continuous School Improvement Plan
Our continuous school improvement plan highlights our instructional data and outlines our goals for each academic year.
- Student Handbook
- 21-22 Bell Schedule
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- INow (Student Grades)
- Progress Report/Report Card Schedule
- SCBOE Bullying/Harassment Reporting
- SCBOE Code of Conduct
- SCBOE Academic Calendar
- Shelby County Schools District Website