Learn More About Career Technical Educational Center
The Career Technical Educational Center serves students in grades 10 through 12 from each of the eight high schools in Shelby County, Alabama. CTEC participates in both state and national Career-Technical competitions.
CTEC Mission Statement
The mission of Career Technical Educational Center is to equip and develop the whole student with tools that prepare them for opportunities in post-secondary and workforce.
A Commitment to Life-Long Learning
- We believe in a nurturing environment where students are supported and encouraged to succeed.
- We believe in promoting character education to enable students to become compassionate and productive citizens.
- We believe in hands-on learning that simulates the workplace.
- We believe that students, teachers, and parents/guardians should work together to function as a learning organization to achieve CTEC's mission and serve as exemplary members of Shelby County's Vertical Teaming Initiative.
- We believe that teachers should hold high expectations for their students and hold students accountable for their choices, actions, and learning.
- We believe that CTEC should employ a shared vision between educators and business leaders to ensure that high school graduates are college and/or career ready.
- We believe that CTEC should continuously evolve into an ever changing college/career ready school to educate and train our students to be successful in the existing and future workforce.
Continuous School Improvement Plan
Our continuous school improvement plan highlights our instructional data and outlines our goals for each academic year.
- Student Handbook
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- PowerSchool Portal
- Progress Report/Report Card Schedule
- School Improvement Plan
- SCBOE Bullying/Harassment Reporting
- SCBOE Code of Conduct
- SCBOE Academic Calendar
- Shelby County Schools District Website