- School Supplies - 6th Grade
- School Supplies - 7th Grade
- School Supplies - 8th Grade
- School Supplies - Band
Summer Reading Assignments
Optional/Bonus Assignment for Regular ELA
- Eighth grade list: The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger, Son (All are written by author Lois Lowry)
- Seventh grade list: After Ever After (Jordan Sonnenblick), Divergent (Veronica Roth), and student choice biography/autobiography.
- Sixth Grade list: Wonder, The Watsons Go to Birmingham, Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie (Jordan Sonnenblick)
Mandatory Assignment for GRC.:
- 6th Grade (Choose one):
- We Dream of Space by Erin Entrada Kelly
- Hidden Figures- Young Readers’ Edition by Margot Lee Shetterly
- See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
- 7th Grade (Choose one):
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- 8th Grade (Choose one):
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Information
- Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Form
- Child Find Information
- Schwab Foundation for Learning
- Surfing the Net with Kids
- Family Education
- Shelby County Student Health Services
- MMS Continuous Improvement Plan
Parent Involvement Policy
Each year, Montevallo Middle School (MMS) sponsors an annual Open House, in which expectations for students, parents and teachers are outlined. Parents are encouraged to play an active part in their child’s education by visiting classrooms, serving on committees, volunteering at the school, and serving as guest speakers.
Check Payment Policy
Your check is welcome at all schools in Shelby County Schools System. Please read this letter to better understand the policy. [Read Policy Letter]
Ways to Help MMS
- Purchase a Helping Schools Tag next time you're at the DMV. 80% of the purchase price goes directly to our school. It's only an additional $15. The MMS code is 52.
- Adopt a Classroom! Teachers have listed their needs on adoptaclassroom.org. All donations are tax deductible and go directly to the teacher.
- Box Tops for Education are an easy way to contribute. Just cut off the Box Tops from any participating grocery item and send it to the school or you can download the Box Tops app and scan in your receipt.