OMHS Counseling Center
Course Selection for 2023-2024
Important: Upcoming 9th graders will complete and return the 9th grade course selection sheet. Upcoming 10th through 12th graders will complete the google form sent to their school email address.
- Presentation for Course Selection 23-24 9th Grade only
- Presentation for Course Selection 23-24 11-12th Grades
- 9th Grade 23-24 Course Selection Sheet
- 10th Grade 23-24 Course Selection Worksheet
- 11th Grade 23-24 Course Selection Worksheet
- 12th Grade 23-24 Course Selection Worksheet
- 2023-2024 Math and Science Pathways
- Advanced Placement vs Dual Enrollment
- 2023-2024 CTE Courses
- Algebra 1 and Geometry - Double Up Course Wavier
- SCS Math and Science Pathway
- World Language Flyer
- VIDEO of Course Selection 11th and 12th Grades
OMHS Counseling Department Mission
The mission of the Oak Mountain High School Counseling and Guidance Program is to provide all students with the skills necessary to achieve academic, career, personal, and social success. Oak Mountain counselors work as collaborative partners in education with students, parents, teachers, school administrators, and community members to ensure that all students maximize their potential and become productive members of society. The counseling and guidance program is an essential and integrated component of the overall instructional program. In this regard, the school counseling and guidance program involves a planned, purposeful, and sequential program of activities that begins in 9th grade and continues until graduation. Comprehensive school counseling and guidance programs at oak Mountain are data driven and provide outcome-based accountability measures that align the counseling and guidance program with the school's overall academic mission.
Oak Mountain High School uses Parchment to electronically send all transcripts to colleges, third party employment vendors, military requests, personal requests, and etc...
College Admissions Process
OMHS Seniors, please watch this video about college admissions.
- K. Blight - 9th - 10th grade Last Names A - K
- K. Henson - 11th - 12th grade Last Names A - K
- L. Kilgore - 9th - 10th grade Last Names L-Z
- H. Smith - 11th - 12th grade Last Names L - Z
- L. Huff - Secretary
- Office Phone (205) 682-5201